<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									Daytona Drone - Recent Posts				            </title>
            <link>https://daytonadrone.com/community/</link>
            <description>Daytona Drone Club Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Sun, 04 Oct 2026 00:19:30 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Rules for Recreational Drone Flyers Volusia County</title>
                        <link>https://daytonadrone.com/community/faa-rules-and-regulations-operating-ethics-and-good-behavior/rules/#post-267</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 28 Oct 2023 19:42:49 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[FAA states in so many words no sustained flights over a congregation of people..would flying over a marina, such as Halifax Harbor, flying over a congregation of people?]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>FAA states in so many words no sustained flights over a congregation of people..would flying over a marina, such as Halifax Harbor, flying over a congregation of people?</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://daytonadrone.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>aa3jy</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://daytonadrone.com/community/faa-rules-and-regulations-operating-ethics-and-good-behavior/rules/#post-267</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Propeller selection</title>
                        <link>https://daytonadrone.com/community/drone-builds/propeller-selection/#post-266</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 19 Mar 2023 20:16:29 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Blade rotation]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Blade rotation</p>
293
<p> </p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://daytonadrone.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>admin</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://daytonadrone.com/community/drone-builds/propeller-selection/#post-266</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: connect 3</title>
                        <link>https://daytonadrone.com/community/voxl/connect-3/#post-265</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 14 Mar 2023 03:09:07 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Update mar 13 2023I took a break, I worked on a different cellular connected project from bluewireless to try to get additional openvpn experience from another source.
Coming back to the vo...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Update mar 13 2023<br />I took a break, I worked on a different cellular connected project from bluewireless to try to get additional openvpn experience from another source.</p>
<p>Coming back to the voxl i worked through the connect posts, most of it was helpful and I made a change or two so it made more sense or at least had better flow. I got hung up because I didn't change the wirreless access point on my computer to be connected to the voxl wifi, once I made that change I was connected to qgc again wireless. It is my objective to complete the final page for connect this week to get a openvpn setup with voxl talking through cellular to my workstation qgc. OR NOT!  Either way I have a complete configuration including radio and gps setup so I will complete a build and try to get a flight.  The new rooster 80 airframe is alot stiffer with duel slot mounts for the struts and blade guards.  </p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://daytonadrone.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>admin</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://daytonadrone.com/community/voxl/connect-3/#post-265</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>3D printed parts</title>
                        <link>https://daytonadrone.com/community/3d-printed-drone-rooster-3d-printed-drone-rooster/3d-printed-parts/#post-264</link>
                        <pubDate>Wed, 01 Mar 2023 02:46:12 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[This is the program for our membership to learn,build,and program. It all starts with understanding of 3d printing and the TEK involved right into arduino based controllers, motors, flight t...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><span style="font-size: 18pt">This is the program for our membership to learn,build,and program. It all starts with understanding of 3d printing and the TEK involved right into arduino based controllers, motors, flight tuning and alot of learning. </span></p>
280
<p><span style="font-size: 14pt">Our 80% ver1 using a US Manufactured flight computer that incorperates cutting edge components including operating in GPS denied enviroments. </span></p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Basic design planning:</p>
<p><span style="font-size: 14pt">First lets talk about the design and requirements. This is a completely design as you go process, By this I mean I established some basic parameters, designed then made changes until we got to a product that met our wants. </span></p>
<p>1. Be able to carry large 6s batteries and have room for internal payloads. This is the reason for the fatbody. Learning as we go the current build uses 1 6s battery and the 80% scale uses 1 4s with lost of room to spare. As battery tek changes we will be able to configure our battery pod to accept different sizes and shapes</p>
<p>2 Has to be able to be 3d printed</p>
<p>3 needs to be flexable for controller and payload</p>
<p>4  Has to be available for as an open source project to allow for community builds and mods. This being a controlled enviroment so all mods and changes can be shared but files controlled by Daytona Drone Club </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size: 18pt">Updates and improvments are required with any development. Our inhouse 3d printed drone is no exception But we believe we are at a point to release some files for others to evaluate. Our first build is full size but the 80% build is in process also. </span></p>
<p> </p>
281
289
285
282]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://daytonadrone.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>admin</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://daytonadrone.com/community/3d-printed-drone-rooster-3d-printed-drone-rooster/3d-printed-parts/#post-264</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: connect 4</title>
                        <link>https://daytonadrone.com/community/voxl/connect-4/#post-263</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 18 Feb 2023 03:26:39 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Installed the flight core v2 mainboard. Had to modify the green back case. also I removed the LTE antenna extensions, well I mean they broke the connector trying to seperate them. The antenn...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Installed the flight core v2 mainboard. Had to modify the green back case. <br />also I removed the LTE antenna extensions, well I mean they broke the connector trying to seperate them. The antennas are now mounted directly to the modem</p>
<p>Next issue was voxl was not connecting to the FC ver2. There are cable instructions (good luck), nothing worked</p>
<p>Had to connect to a different VOXL connector, connected to telemetry 1, made adjustment to .conf file and The Rooster Crows!</p>
<p>Connecting to the rooster by wifi  (make sure you have wifi connected with the computer) </p>
<p>All systems look good except mavlink  so still reading   the inspect-mavlink didn't give good result</p>
<p> </p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://daytonadrone.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>admin</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://daytonadrone.com/community/voxl/connect-4/#post-263</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: connect 3</title>
                        <link>https://daytonadrone.com/community/voxl/connect-3/#post-262</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 18 Feb 2023 03:17:59 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[the flight core ver2 was not without difficulity . here are posts from tech support. I was able to get voxl talking to fc ver 2 bu using a different port on voxl

jconk a day ago

Hello...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>the flight core ver2 was not without difficulity . here are posts from tech support. I was able to get voxl talking to fc ver 2 bu using a different port on voxl</p>
<div class="clearfix post-header">
<div class="icon pull-left"><strong><a href="https://forum.modalai.com/user/jconk" data-username="jconk" data-uid="1353">jconk</a> </strong><span class="visible-xs-inline-block visible-sm-inline-block visible-md-inline-block visible-lg-inline-block"><a class="permalink" href="https://forum.modalai.com/post/8532"><span class="timeago">a day ago</span></a></span></div>
</div>
<p>Hello</p>
<div class="content">
<p dir="auto">I followed the wire details for core v2 to voxl<br />There was some confusion because I didn't want to remove and disassemble the voxl-cam to see the wire and connection so I just used the ver1 detals and transposed them to ver2. I guess I could have mixed up tx to rx wires but before I switch them is there a way to see if they are talking. i did qground control mavlink inspector and voxl-vision-px4 --debug_udp_recv on voxl and got no messages from px4.<br />question: I have voxl plugged into J5 Telem2 STM32 UART5 (ttyS4) on ver2.</p>
<p dir="auto">ver1 was the same<br />Interface Connector (TELEM2, /dev/ttyS4, UART5)</p>
<p dir="auto">There should be no changes in any cong files correct?</p>
<p dir="auto">question2 is there a quick check command to see if any info is coming from the voxl to the ver2</p>
<h3>(update)  I ran into issues with QGC again mounting the voxl on the latest rooster 80 airframe. For some reason I thought the VOXL connected tot he FC v2 on telemetry 1 but as you can read it's coded to telemetry 2 so connect the VOXL to J5 on the Flight Core ver2. </h3>
<h3 id="mavlink-instance-1">MAVLink Instance 1</h3>
<ul>
<li>hard coded to TELEM2 as it’s routed in the PCB, defaulted at 921600 baud in Normal mode</li>
<li>this is the primary serial interface to communicate with VOXL</li>
<li>the baud rate and mode are configurable by the user, but recommended to use the defaults</li>
</ul>
<p dir="auto"> </p>
<p dir="auto"><strong><span style="font-size: 14pt">Answers from Tech Support</span></strong></p>
<p dir="auto"><a class="plugin-mentions-user plugin-mentions-a" href="https://forum.modalai.com/uid/1353">@jconk</a><span>Between FCV1 &amp; FCV2 the RX &amp; TX are flipped. Have you looked at our</span><a href="https://docs.modalai.com/cable-datasheets/" rel="nofollow">cable doc</a><span>. The cable that originally comes on the Voxl-Cam with FCV1 is MCBL-00007.</span><br /><span>FCV2 will beusing MCBL-00008. There is also a really detailed doc with all of our cables</span><a href="https://docs.modalai.com/cable-userguides/" rel="nofollow">here</a><span>.</span><br /><span>MCBL-00007 is a straight cable no corssovers.</span><br /><span>MCBL-00008 has a crossover.</span></p>
</div>
<p dir="auto">Traditionally MCBL-00007 plugs into J12 on VOXL. Only, if after the switch around, still no data shows up, then if it works in your situation, use J11. If you decide to go down this route, you will also need to change which uart gets used:On Voxl</p>
<pre class="markdown-highlight" contenteditable="false"><code class="hljs nginx"><span class="hljs-attribute">vi</span> /etc/modalai/voxl-mavlink-server.conf
</code></pre>
<p dir="auto">Change "px4_uart_bus": 5, for J12 connection<br />To "px4_uart_bus": 12, for J11 connection</p>
<p dir="auto">For question 2:</p>
<pre class="markdown-highlight" contenteditable="false"><code class="hljs">voxl-mavlink-server-r
</code></pre>
<p dir="auto">^will give you a feed of mavlink to see the data running</p>
<div class="clearfix post-header">
<div class="icon pull-left"> </div>
<small class="pull-left"><strong><a href="https://forum.modalai.com/user/jconk" data-username="jconk" data-uid="1353">jconk</a><span> </span></strong><span class="visible-xs-inline-block visible-sm-inline-block visible-md-inline-block visible-lg-inline-block"><a class="permalink" href="https://forum.modalai.com/post/8582"><span class="timeago">about 4 hours ago</span></a><span></span></span><span class="bookmarked"><i class="fa fa-bookmark-o"></i></span></small></div>
<p dir="auto"> </p>
<div class="content">
<p dir="auto"><a class="plugin-mentions-user plugin-mentions-a" href="https://forum.modalai.com/uid/277">@Adrian-Hidalgo</a><span> </span>said in<span> </span><a href="https://forum.modalai.com/post/8539">rx-tx from v2 to voxl</a>:</p>
<blockquote>
<p dir="auto">px4_uart_bus": 12, for J11 connection</p>
</blockquote>
<p dir="auto">worked transmitting data now</p>
<p dir="auto">DID YOU SEE THAT    TRANSMITTING DATA BETWEEN VOXL &amp; FC v2</p>
</div>
<p dir="auto"> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Continued on connect4     This story gets better, I mean transmission happens</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://daytonadrone.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>admin</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://daytonadrone.com/community/voxl/connect-3/#post-262</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>connect 4</title>
                        <link>https://daytonadrone.com/community/voxl/connect-4/#post-261</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 18 Feb 2023 03:14:58 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[276
277
279
280]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://daytonadrone.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>admin</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://daytonadrone.com/community/voxl/connect-4/#post-261</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: linux stuff</title>
                        <link>https://daytonadrone.com/community/voxl/linux-stuff/#post-260</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 17 Feb 2023 23:47:09 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[VOXL Inspect Services
VOXL Inspect CPU
VOXL Inspect IMU
VOXL Inspect Cam
VOXL Inspect QVIO
VOXL Inspect Battery
VOXL Inspect GPS
VOXL Inspect Extrinsics
VOXL Inspect Pose
VOXL Inspe...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<ul>
<li><a href="https://docs.modalai.com/voxl-inspect-services/">VOXL Inspect Services</a></li>
<li><a href="https://docs.modalai.com/voxl-inspect-cpu/">VOXL Inspect CPU</a></li>
<li><a href="https://docs.modalai.com/voxl-inspect-imu/">VOXL Inspect IMU</a></li>
<li><a href="https://docs.modalai.com/voxl-inspect-cam/">VOXL Inspect Cam</a></li>
<li><a href="https://docs.modalai.com/voxl-inspect-qvio/">VOXL Inspect QVIO</a></li>
<li><a href="https://docs.modalai.com/voxl-inspect-battery/">VOXL Inspect Battery</a></li>
<li><a href="https://docs.modalai.com/voxl-inspect-gps/">VOXL Inspect GPS</a></li>
<li><a href="https://docs.modalai.com/voxl-inspect-extrinsics/">VOXL Inspect Extrinsics</a></li>
<li><a href="https://docs.modalai.com/voxl-inspect-pose/">VOXL Inspect Pose</a></li>
<li><a href="https://docs.modalai.com/voxl-inspect-points/">VOXL Inspect Points</a></li>
<li><a href="https://docs.modalai.com/voxl-inspect-tags/">VOXL Inspect Tags</a></li>
<li><a href="https://docs.modalai.com/voxl-inspect-vibration/">VOXL Inspect Vibration</a></li>
</ul>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://daytonadrone.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>admin</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://daytonadrone.com/community/voxl/linux-stuff/#post-260</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Screwed up editor</title>
                        <link>https://daytonadrone.com/community/file-edit/screwed-up-editor/#post-259</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 17 Feb 2023 23:08:31 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Stupid shit like you have to shift colon to get the stupid command. They say selext colon but they mean shift colon
pay attention to the bottom left corner cause that is where you identify ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Stupid shit like you have to shift colon to get the stupid command. They say selext colon but they mean shift colon</p>
<p>pay attention to the bottom left corner cause that is where you identify the mode</p>
<p>i   just hitting i puts you in editing mode, you will see the i in the left bottom corner and will be able to change text, then esc to exit this mode</p>
<p>then shift colon to be able to WQ to save and quit.  This is why linux sucks it's real stupid</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://daytonadrone.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>admin</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://daytonadrone.com/community/file-edit/screwed-up-editor/#post-259</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: openvpn</title>
                        <link>https://daytonadrone.com/community/voxl/openvpn/#post-258</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 17 Feb 2023 20:26:13 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[272
273]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://daytonadrone.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>admin</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://daytonadrone.com/community/voxl/openvpn/#post-258</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		