Terms And Conditions   Please Read and Accept the Daytona Drone Club Terms to participate in the Forum

What is the rule fo...

Notifications
Clear all

What is the rule for Flying a drone in Alert Area 294

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Alert area 294 on the sectional is difficult to understand, what is the rule

1 Answer
Topic starter

I asked the local FSDO and didn't get a direct answer. My second attempt resulted in this response.  Yes it's ok to fly in alert area 294

On Aug 12, 2021, at 11:20 AM, 9-NATL-UAS-Help (FAA) <[email protected]> wrote:

There are no restrictions on you operating in an Alert Area.  Alert areas are depicted on aeronautical charts to inform nonparticipating pilots of areas that may contain a high volume of pilot training or an unusual type of aerial activity.  You should be particularly alert when flying in these areas.  As the unmanned aircraft pilot you are responsible for collision avoidance.

Steve

FAA UAS Support Center 
844 FLY MY UA | 844-359-6982<Outlook-jfc05k3k.png>  
Send us your questions! 
Stay current on all things drone 

Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2021 11:10 AM
To: 9-NATL-UAS-Help (FAA) <[email protected]>
Subject: From www.faa.gov: Airspace Authorizations

This email was sent through the Federal Aviation Administration's public website. You have been contacted via an email link on the following page:  https://www.faa.gov/uas/contact_us/
What is the rule for flying a drone in A-294 I live in new smyrna beach on the south end. There is an airspace A-294 that I live in. When I use LAANC services i get different responses. one says no flights in alert areas and another says plan approved. I dont have a chart to identify who to call and the zoom in chart on the faa doesen't provide it either. What is the rule for flying a drone in this airspace A-294

Minimum 4 characters